Bee marshmallow fondant
· 1 lb of small marshmallows
· 2 lbs of powdered sugar
· 4 table spoons of water (or maybe 3 tbs of water and 1 tbs of Honey Bee Healthy)
· A little Crisco
1. Grease a large bowl and a wooden spoon with Crisco to keep the mix from sticking
2. Add 1lb of marshmallows in a large bowl
3. Add 2 lbs of powdered sugar in a separate bowl for easy pouring later
4. Heat the marshmallows for 1 min 30 seconds in the microwave.
5. Add 4 tbs of water to the melted marshmallows
6. Knead the marshmallows into a ball in the bowl with the wooden spoon while mixin in the powdered sugar.
7. Grease an area/table with Crisco to keep the mixture from sticking
8. Grease your hands with Crisco
9. Knead the ball on the table with your hands when the mix starts to cling to the side of the bowl
10. Roll the finished ball on wax paper and cut to size (about the size of a pollen patty)
11. Place on the top bars of your hives
Note on winter use: During the winter the bees must hold fecal material until a cleansing flight. If you have few warm days, it is wiser not to add any filler(s) to prevent dysentery. Do not use brown sugar or molasses.
info found on the web