1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar ( I'm sure it could also be adapted for use with honey)
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp ginger
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 cups flour
2/3 cup boiling water
1 Tbsp baking soda
1) Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat. Add molasses. Mix all well.
2) Stir flour, baking powder and spices together in a separate bowl.
3) Dissolve baking soda in boiling water.
4) Add water mixture and dry ingredients to creamed butter mixture alternatively (a bit of water, a bit of dry, etc.).
5) Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes.
Honey Cream Cheese Icing
1 pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 Tbsp honey (more makes it sweeter )